Family

Family

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Growing belly

It’s almost time for the first wedding that I am in this weekend and the dress still fits, barely! I can zip it all the way, but the hook at the top of the zipper is pretty tight. I figure if it’s too tight, I just won’t latch it and call it good. I wish I could say the same about the second bridesmaid dress I have to fit in at the end of June (the one from a previous post that I think I said I might look like a certain vegetable in). I tried it on and the zipper wouldn’t make it. I thought maybe I just couldn’t reach it and John could get it up, but I had no such luck. That zipper wasn’t going anywhere. So I brought it to my wonderful seamstress Karen with desperation that she could do something to the dress so I could fit into it with the thought always in the back of my head that I would have to break down and buy a bigger dress. To my surprise, she thought it wouldn’t be a problem to make it a little bigger!! I was slightly ecstatic to say the least - $30 for alterations versus $135 for another dress. Hopefully this little girl won’t grow too much in the next month!

Speaking of this baby growing, I’m pretty sure she has growth spurts. There are weeks that I swear she all of a sudden gains weight because it feels like my abs (and the rest of my insides) are stretching – think of the feeling when you eat to much. Also, she is moving a heck of a lot more than before, and stronger movements as well. The movements can now be felt on the outside, but I think she goes to into hibernation on the weekends because John still hasn’t felt her. At work, on the other hand, I even saw my belly moving, which was kind of funny and weird at the same time. Hopefully with the long weekend ahead, she will get confused on Monday and let John feel her moving around :)

FYI – I learned from our last dr’s appointment that we have all drank our pee at one point in our lives. Babies drink the amniotic fluid to get used to swallowing, and yes, they also pee in there (I guess it has to go somewhere). Obviously their next gulp isn’t going to only be amniotic fluid. I was assured that our pee is sterile, so if you ever get stuck in the dessert, don’t be afraid to drink your own pee if you get a little thirsty and there isn’t any water around.

P.S. – I now have tan baby bump. I laid out to at least get a little sun for the upcoming wedding, and a tan belly is much better looking than a pale one! No worries, I drank LOTS of water and took many breaks so I wouldn’t get too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment