Family

Family

Monday, May 17, 2010

It's a girl!!

Well the big day finally came; John and I are having a little girl and could not be happier!! I was completely wrong in guessing, but I am just completely overjoyed that our baby is healthy. The morning of the appointment started off like any other, but it was pretty obvious we were both anxious to get to the doctor’s office to find out what we were having. The ultrasound tech called us back, and off we went to find out what was swimming inside my belly. John asked me one last time what I thought we we’re having, I of course said a boy. John then said, “Well ask me what you think I think we’re having,” (rather than just telling me, I actually had to ask him). He guessed a girl, and a few minutes later, we found out I was very wrong and John was very right!! Even though we didn’t have a 3-D ultrasound, it was still awesome to see. For whatever reason, I guess she felt completely comfortable with her legs all the way above her head, because she never moved from that position. Imagine her looking like she was touching her toes. We also got to see her heart, brain, kidneys, bladder, etc, which was more than I expected. We got the okay that everything was looking good so far, which was a huge relief. The front views of her face were a little scary looking because the picture mostly looked like a skeleton. I always thought people were crazy when they said their baby was cute from the ultrasound pics, but after seeing her profile picture with her legs above her head (even crossed above her head at times), I can honestly say I am now one of those people. She had a little button nose, and it almost looked like she was smiling (maybe nobody else would see that, but I’m her momma, I have to too)! I told Maggie that she was going to have a little sister when we got home, and that girls were officially taking over the house.

Although this is completely unrelated to baby news, it’s kind of funny, so I think it’s worth mentioning. So we are finally getting started on finishing our basement, which I cannot WAIT to have done. My dad is doing most, if not all of it, and John is following instructions. I was upstairs during the first day of “construction,” but I could hear every conversation taking place in our basement. It was mostly, John do this, John do that, but at one point, I heard my dad say, “who measured that one??” Although I couldn’t see what was going on, I assumed John didn’t make the right measurement on a board that needed to be cut. Later on I found out I was right. Apparently he was short on one measurement, but according to John, it wasn’t that big of a deal – let’s hope so! I guess that’s the start to many more Saturday’s of John and father-in-law bonding time.

No comments:

Post a Comment