Family

Family

Friday, June 4, 2010

Orange Drinks and Golfing

Today was the day for my glucose test. Luckily my doctor gave me my "yummy" orange drink during my last appointment, so I just had to down it an hour before my appointment today. I had heard that it tasted horrible, but honestly, coming from a person who gags on cough medicine and alkaseltzer, it really wasn't too bad. I thought it just tasted like orange soda. When I got to the doctor's office, I had to have my blood drawn right away - exactly one hour after drinking the orange tasting concoction. Getting my blood taken again wasn't too bad, minus the fact that it felt like the lady took some aggression out by stabbing me as hard as she could. Later in the day, I got a call from the nurse saying everything came back normal. No diabetes for me!!

I had the day off, so after my appointment, John took me golfing to try out my new golf clubs!! We got to the course a little early to hit some balls at the driving range, little did we know, the golf course didn't have a driving range. Very bad news for me!! After the first hole, I thought it was going to be a llllllooooonnnngggg day, but luckily my golfing abilities came back by the second and third holes. I was pretty happy with how I did. I think with a little more practice, I might have to embarrass John by making him lose to his pregnant wifey. Now that I have a decent set of clubs, golfing might have to be my new past time :)


I never actually carried my clubs, I was just posing for the pic. Golfing at 25 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment