Family

Family

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Almost to single digits!!

I can’t even believe that I only have 10 weeks left, well on Friday! I feel like I have so much to do and so little time. I am starting to gather names for in-home, part time daycares, so say a prayer we will find a good one. Besides slacking on finding a daycare, I do feel like I have accomplished a few things. Last weekend John and I completed the overwhelming task of registering. Going into it, I figured it couldn’t be that bad, well I was wrong. I hated registering for our wedding, and I didn’t really find this fun either. I found it really hard to register for things I knew nothing about. For instance, how in the heck am I supposed to know which bottles are the best if I have never used them??? After I got home, I was able to go onto babiesrus’ website and compare products and ratings for the stuff we choose, so I changed a few things, and feel a little more confident in the items on the registry. Now that it’s done, I am getting excited to try everything out and get the baby’s room put together! My stepmom and her neighbor ladies are throwing us a couple’s shower, so hopefully I registered for enough items. Other than being the only one not drinking at the shower, (because my dad doesn’t do anything without a Coors Light on the weekends) it should be a lot of fun!

I also think I picked the hospital I want to deliver at (my doctor delivers at Lakeside, Methodist, and one other one I can’t remember). It was between Lakeside – convenient to our house, and Methodist – the brand new one on 190th and Dodge. I ended up picking Methodist because I have heard really good things about them from other momma’s who delivered there. I didn’t know much about Lakeside, so it may not be bad, but I went for the place that had good reviews! Methodist also has a better NICU. Hopefully we won’t be using it, but it makes me feel better knowing that they have a good one just in case. Along with choosing a hospital, I will also be registering for a childbirth class for John and I – John was quite thrilled with this idea. I am not looking forward to practicing breathing techniques, but I am sure John and I will learn something we can put to good use. I also registered for a breastfeeding class, which I am sure will be helpful (John lucked out on this one because he has to work)!

Lastly, I am starting to read a book called, “On Becoming Babywise.” From what I have heard, this book is a miracle from God! Supposedly, the techniques described in the book can get your baby to sleep through the night in 6-8 weeks. I was a little skeptical at first, but everyone that I have talked to says it works like a charm! We will soon see if John and I can master the book, but for our own sanity, I am praying that we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment