Family

Family

Friday, August 20, 2010

1st weekly doctor’s appointment

I just got back from my 1st weekly doctor’s appointment and we found out that little miss Rylee is breeched (her butt is down). Soooo, I am scheduled for a csection bright and early on September 13, unless she decides to turn on her own. My doctor asked if I wanted to have her try to turn the baby, but she wasn’t very confident that it would even work because my amniotic fluid is a little low (which makes it harder for the procedure to work). I have heard that this is not a pleasant experience, so I opted to schedule the csection. I am not thrilled about this idea, but as long as Rylee makes it into this world safe, I guess I will do what I have to do! I can’t believe we will be meeting this little one in about 3 weeks! Oh, and I am about 2 cm dialated and 50% effaced (the area between my cervix and uterus is shortening for those who don’t know what effacement means).

I would be lying if I said I am not a little happy that she will be making her appearance sooner than her due date because I am starting to get exhausted. I would suggest not trying to have a conversation with me past about 4pm or you might run the risk of listening to jibberish! Between “pregnancy brain” and being ridiculously tired, I know there have been times John has looked at me a little funny questioning my reasoning!!

Rylee also had a rude awakening one morning this week. There was a spider in the bathroom as I was getting ready for work and it was too high up for me to reach, so I needed to get a fly swatter. As I made my way from our bedroom to the kitchen in the pitch black, I mistakenly turned a corner too soon and ran right into the wall. Being that my belly sticks out quite a bit farther than the rest of me, Rylee took most of the impact. My face was spared, but I don’t think Rylee appreciated it too much! Another shower for Rylee this weekend, so something to look forward too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment