Family

Family

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Baby's Heart "beep"

(16 weeks)
I have made it out of the 1st trimester and away with the nauseousness!!  I was waiting for it to finally end and it seemed to disappear once I entered the second trimester.  I can't believe I am actually in the second trimester already.  I think there was so much anticipation when I was pregnant the first time, that time went so slow...now that we have Rylee to keep me busy, time seems to be flying by.  John's out of town this weekend, so it was just Rylee and I at my doctor's appointment Friday.  Rylee get's excited when we get to go to the baby's doctor's appointments and hear the baby's heart "beep."  I think Rylee first misinterpreted us telling her about the baby's heart "beat" as "beep" and it just kind of stuck :)  Speaking of the baby's heart beat, it was in the 150's, and at my 16 week appointment with Rylee, the doctor predicted a girl based on her heartbeat of 153...sooooo we might be having another girl!?!?!?  It honestly makes no difference to me what this one is, so either way, I could care less.  Just one more bossy woman for John to deal with if it is a girl ;)

I am enjoying not being so far along during the summer months as I was with Rylee.  I am not nearly as hot and sweaty and no swelling!!  Although getting sprayed with the hose by Rylee does help to keep me cool.  Just as I was about to say I am getting excited for our annual 4th of July party at my Aunt's house, Rylee was woke up from her nap from the damn neighborhood kids lighting off firecrackers!!!  I love 4th of July-family, good food, and playing in the pool-but get very sick of the firecrackers in the neighborhood.  I swear they always decide to light them off right in the middle of Rylee's nap and then they start up again about an hour after I lay her down at night time - I swear they know Rylee's schedule and are doing it on purpose to keep her up and irritate the heck out of me!!  Needless to say, by the time the 4th actually gets here, I am ready for it to be over!

Since John has been out of town, Rylee and I have been keeping ourselves busy.  Rylee got to go to her 1st movie thanks to Andrea!!  We went and saw Monster's University and she did great!!  She got a little antsy the last 20 minutes, but for the most part, she just watched the movie and ate popcorn.  Friday, we had the doctor's appointment and then did a little shopping.  We stopped at Beauty Brands to get some new nail polish and the lady at the counter painted Rylee's nails as I was picking out my color.  She walked the whole way to the car with her hands held out like a mummy so she wouldn't smudge them :)  Today we are went to the splash park to finish off Mommy and Rylee weekend, and then John will be home on Sunday.

 Pics from Mommy and Rylee Weekend:

At the Movies

 Despicable Me 3d glasses

Letting her fingers dry after getting them painted

Playing at the park

Playing at the splash park (well the regular park at the splash park because she got cold ;))

Pics from this summer so far:

At the circus

At the College World Series

Geaux Tigers!!

Shark squirt gun


No comments:

Post a Comment