Family

Family

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Good thing come to those who wait!!

(5 weeks-ish)
...at least that is what I have been telling myself for the last year!  After 12 months of trying, I was seriously starting to think it was never going to happen.  Our last chance was 5 or 6 months of Chlomid, and if that didn't work...well I didn't want to think about it.  My doctor suggested doing an IUI if Chlomid didn't work, but we didn't want to take that route based on our beliefs.  I had my yearly check-up with my doctor (which is also when I was prescribed the Chlomid), and she wanted me to have an ultra sound done just for precaution.  I had the ultrasound done a day after I tested positive with my ovulation test.  My doctor called me the next week with the results and she said it looked like I ovulated from the left side, and she also thought my left ovary had a cyst on it.  She wasn't too worried about anything, but she wanted to do a follow-up ultrasound to see if the cyst cleared up on its own.  I should probably back up a little.  After my C-Section with Rylee, my doctor noticed my uterus was "deformed" - for lack of a better word!  She also thought that my left ovary was working, but that the egg would never reach my uterus due to the deformity.  In other words, basically, my right ovary was our only hope to make babies.  So back to the present, my yearly checkup and the ultrasound all took place during our 12th month of trying.  After hearing that I probably ovulated from the left side, I just assumed there was nothing to hope for that month and was looking forward to trying Chlomid my next cycle.  Well, the day that I assumed my next cycle would start never came and the days kept passing by, but because of my ultrasound results, I honestly thought nothing of it.  Finally on day 33, I decided just maybe I should take a pregnancy test.  I had stopped taking pregnancy tests for awhile because I was tired of being disappointed.  I was still a little hesitant to take it this time (even though I was on day 33, and 26 days was my longest cycle for the past year!).  I went for it anyways, and I honestly was in disbelief, a POSITIVE freaking test.  I think I am still in disbelief :)  I don't know what changed this month over the last 11, but I'm guessing God had the perfect little person in mind and that little person just wasn't ready until now!  John and I are so excited to add another member to our family and I am ecstatic that Rylee gets to be a big sister!!! So far, I really don't feel any different, but that's what I said with Rylee at this point in being pregnant, and then, BAM, morning sickness hit at about 6 weeks.  We will see what happens, but I am soooooo excited for the next 9 months, morning sickness and all :)



No comments:

Post a Comment